Sunday, October 3, 2010

Gear

This is a list of the gear that I am currently using for my home productions. Text will become links if I decide to write an extensive review for that piece of gear.



  • Macbook, White 13-inch
    I got this as a present two years ago and have not yet had a reason to want anything else. Some people have suggested I get a MacBook Pro, but the one I have now works fine in my opinion. I definately won't write a review for this one guys ;) no real reason to now is there?
  • Line 6 Toneport UX1
    This is my one and only audio interface. It's a bit small and feature-lacking (1 stereo in and out), but it works and I have not wanted to record multiple tracks at the same time or needed more outputs. I have had this thing for years and I love it deeply.
  • Novation Remote Zero SL
    This is the MIDI controller I use for live performance. Decent piece of gear, nothing spectacular but it won't let you down.
  • M-Audio 49-key MIDI keyboard
    I have some gripes with this thing, coming from a build quality that really is below M-Audio's high standards, but it still mostly does its job.
  • Korg R3
    The centerpiece of my setup, it makes most of the sounds I use, can double as a MIDI-keyboard and it just looks cool.
  • I have a decent collection of instruments, but they won't really matter for the things I will discuss here so I won't list them.

EDIT:

Almost forgot, I use Ableton Live. Tried some other things, but they never really managed to replace the workflow I've adopted in Live.

    1 comment: